Friday, June 7, 2013

A Gorgeous Hydrangea!

Hi, it's Misti.  Is anyone else wondering where this year has gone???  I can't believe that the calendar says it's June.  


I was talking with a friend the other day & she shared that a co-worker of hers is having a really hard time with survivor's guilt from the recent tornadoes that devastated parts of Moore, OK.  She asked me if I would make a card for her to have everyone in the office sign.  Blue & not too much girly stuff was the only direction she gave.   It was just a reminder that yes, there are families who lost loved ones during the tornadoes that are hurting along with the first responders, but there are survivors who are silently hurting.  If you are a person of faith, would you mind saying a prayer for those affected by the tornadoes that have hit Oklahoma in the past few weeks?  Thanks so much!  


I colored the white satin string with my Tim Holtz Faded Jeans marker & set it aside to let it dry.  It colored up beautifully.  You can make that white string any color that you need!    I used Faded Jeans, Tumbled GlassVintage Photo & Peeled Paint to watercolor the Hydrangea Posy Branch from Heartfelt Creations with my watercolor detailer brush.  I cut it out & popped it up onto the embossed panel.  I used the Flower Flourish embossing folder by Crafts Too and some designer paper from the Glitz Vintage Blue 6x6 paper pad.
Such a beautiful card, Misti and such a timely prayer request.   The tornadoes are out of the news for now but there are many that are still hurting from this and other recent tragedies!

Click any of the gold links above to see and purchase the products Misti used.

Be sure to check out this week's sale on Distress Stains here.

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...


Pin It

2 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

Misti: What a beautiful card! I have been praying for all those affected, but this post reminded me to lift them up in prayer once again. I am especially praying that those affected will see the goodness of others, and give praise to God for the love that is shown. Thanks for this special blessing. I am so grateful to be part of a Design Team that cares so deeply about others and encourages us to pray for one another.
Have a blessed week and thanks for sharing this lovely card. For those of you visiting, I encourage you to support Classy Cards 'N Such with your business. We really are people who care about others and want to glorify God through our art and our actions.
Blessings,
Karen
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Jennipher said...

Beautifully colored hydrangea Misti!