Tuesday, June 11, 2013

A Dare Card

Hi, It's Misti here & today I have a dare card to show you.  What's a dare card, you ask?  (You did wonder that, right?)  Grab a cup of tea & I'll tell you all about how this dare card came to be....

This morning, I was on the phone with a friend & she made the comment that she needed a "thinking of you" card to mail out.  She hadn't had time to make one because her kids were home for the summer.  (Now, let me insert something here... I homeschool my kids so I WANTED to say, welcome to my world!  *grin* )  INSTEAD... I said that we all had the same 24 hours & this was her season to have her kids at home.  She said, I bet you already have one made, don'tcha?  (I do,but I wasn't going to tell her that.)  I said it really doesn't take that much time to make a card when you get with it.  Here it is.... she DARED me to make a card while we were on the phone.  I asked what the "rules" were & she said no rules other than it had to be started & finished within 28 min.  Ready, set, go!!!  YIKES!!!  

Here's what I did...
I pulled out a panel that I used the Scor-Buddy & had made an OOPS on the other night.  I didn't throw it away, but kept it for a time when I could cover up my oops, good thing!  I saw that the JustRite With Sympathy set had a "thinking of you" sentiment in it, so I stamped it in black.  Then, I stamped the flower from JustRite's Botanical Medallions & Banners.    I grabbed the stamp package & used it as my palette.  Sorry for the glare on this, you can use any plastic surface, it doesn't have to be fancy. 


Color onto the plastic with your markers, making a spot for each separate color.   I used the following Tim Holtz Distress Markers: Peeled PaintMustard SeedVintage Photo, & Black Soot with the Tim Holtz Watercolor Brush.  It was super quick to pick up color from my palette & color in my image.  Cut the image down, add a couple of pieces of cardstock to mat it & then add the ribbon.   How long do you think it took me????  Drum roll, please... 26 minutes!!!!  No, it isn't the most elaborate card I've ever made, but I think it will make someone's day when they open their mailbox to an actual card & not more junk mail.  


That's all from me for today.  
So cute, Misti!  Thanks!!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase the products Misti used.

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...



Pin It

4 comments:

Jennipher said...

such a sweet card Misti. love the scored lines. nice touch.

joy said...

I love the idea of a dare card. This is a beautiful card!

Debbie said...

What a great way to use the "oops"! Love the colors and card. A handwritten message and it's good to go.

Diane said...

Very pretty...26 minutes...wow, it sure turned out a beauty!!