Friday, April 19, 2013

Grace


It's Jenn posting today.   I really love the different patterns and color combinations in the Laced with Grace Designer Paper Collection by Glitz Designs. Each pattern already has a pre-distressed look to it and since I love distressing anyway, that just makes me love the collection even more. Today I decided to work with the pale teals in the collection. One pattern in particular was jumping out at me (the zebra stripes) and that's how I came up with my teal and black color combination for the basis of this card. 



My card base measures 5.5" square. For my first layer, I distressed the edges of the solid teal pattern with the sheet music on it and then inked the distressed edges with Black Soot Distress Ink. Using the largest circle from Spellbinders Lacey Circles,I cut out a lacey circle from the teal zebra print pattern and adhered that in the center. Next, I cut out a 2.5" x 4.5" rectangle from the teal ledger pattern and matted it on black cardstock; placing it on top of the circle.

With the basics of my card done, it's time to get fancy! Using the Spellbinders D-Lites Fantastic Flourish One and black cardstock I cut out a flourish and placed it off-center to the left. I added a couple drops of Mint Green Liquid Pearls to the flower centers to make them stand out. Using Very Vanilla cardstock and Spellbinders Decorative Labels Eight, I cut out a label and stamped my sentiment. To finish things off, I added one Prima Calcutta Mini in Willow.  


Thanks, Jenn!!  I love the way you used the flourish!

Click any of the gold links above for more info on the products Jenn used.

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...




Pin It

No comments: