Tuesday, February 5, 2013

So Special Someone card with Cluny Lace

Hey folks, it's Holly posting today.  I hope you are having a great week.  I've got a romantic, lace-filled card to share with you today.


I started with a vanilla card front and I adhered a piece of the gorgeous dark rose patterned paper from the Magnolia Grove paper pad to that.  Next, I took three strips of gray cardstock and embossed them with the Bricks and Bark M-Bossabilites folder.  To bring out the raised edges, I rubbed a vanilla ink pad across the gray strips.  I glued these to the patterned paper, keeping to the left side of the card because I knew I wanted to add my sentiment to that side.  Some Ivory Cotton Cluny lace was wrapped around the card front and adhered to the back.  I then glued this card front to a gray card base.

For my sentiment, I cut a Lacey Circle from some vanilla cardstock.  I stamped the elegant circle border from the Hugs and Kisses Sentiments stamp set (JustRite) in the center of the Lacey Circle.  I stamped the sentiment from the Birthday Sentiments set on some vanilla cardstock and cut it out with a circle die and then adhered that to the center of my stamped border.  The sentiment was affixed to the card with some Joy Foam Pads (small).

I absolutely love the lace in the Classy Cards 'n Such store.  I bought some of this Ivory Cotton Cluny lace last year, and I loved it so much, I bought the Sampler package so I could get my hands on all the different kinds.  If you love lace like I do, I recommend getting the assortment package to start with.  I know I'll be going back for more of this gorgeous lace - I can't seem to stop using it!  :-)
The Cluny lace Holly used is so gorgeous!  It also comes in black.

Click any of the gold links above for more info.

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...

Pin It

No comments: