Sunday, February 24, 2013

Pink Bling Birthday

Hi folks, it's Holly posting today.  This card has some gorgeous pink bling swirls on it - my first attempt at adding bling-y swirls.  I hope you enjoy it!


I used a lot of products from the Classy Cards 'n Such store on this card:

Build a Flower Set #2 die set (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Rose, Medium die strip (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Leaf Flourish Strip die (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Labels 22 die set (Spellbinders)

My card base is an A2 dark gray cardstock, and I added a layer of patterned paper from The Lake House paper pad.  I then die cut the Turkish Lace Doily from dark gray cardstock and the matching Angel Wing from pale pink cardstock.  I glued these down onto the patterned paper towards the left side and trimmed the excess.  

The birthday sentiment was stamped on white cardstock and cut with a circle die and adhered to a Labels 22 die shape cut from a dark berry cardstock.  I glued this sentiment down in the center of the doily.

I cut out one of the pink swirls and pressed it down on my card, adhering the tail end to the bottom of my sentiment.  The leaf flourishes were cut from olive cardstock and glued down below the sentiment and the pink swirl.

To make my flowers, I die cut the white ones from the Medium Rose strip and the pink one from the Build a Flower Set #2.  I used some rhinestone brads to layer the white flowers together, spritzed them with some water, and then used my fingers to crush the leaves together.  I repeated this with the pink flower petals and a larger rhinestone brad, except I sprayed these flower petals with a shimmery pearl spray.  I let my flowers dry for an hour and then I glued them down onto my card.  I love the contrast of the shabby, crushed flowers with the shiny pink rhinestone swirl. 
Love it!!

Click any of the gold links above to order or get more info about the products Holly used.

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...


Pin It

No comments: