Sunday, January 6, 2013

Suede Bird Cage

It's Holly posting today, and I just had to share this birdcage card with y'all.   I was inspired by the colors and the design team samples on the Color Throwdown Challenge, and this is what I came up with.  I've used the following products from Classy Cards 'n Such:

Anytime Sentiments stamp set (Impression Obsession)
Nestled Bird die (PoppyStamps)
Bird Cage die (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Wreath Strip die (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Flourish Leaf Strip die (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Cuties 3 die (Cheery Lynn Designs)


I started with a vanilla card base and I stamped the sentiment with suede ink at the bottom.  A layer of suede cardstock with the corners rounded off was adhered just above the sentiment.  Next, a sheet of patterned paper from the Magnolia Grove pad with the corners rounded off was adhered to the suede cardstock on the card.

Now the real fun started by die cutting the bird, the bird cage, the leaves, the flowers, and the wreath sprigs.  I adhered the suede bird cage to the patterned paper and then used Joy foam to adhere the bird in the center of the cage.  I glued some leaves around the right side of the cage as well as along the bottom, and then added some vanilla wreath sprigs.  The flowers were cut from kraft cardstock and rolled up and then adhered to the corner of the bird cage. 

This was a big step outside of my comfort zone.  I love how these colors complement each other and it was great to have an excuse to play with my new bird cage die!  :-)


Love the card and the birdcage!!  You can pin this card to your Pinterest board using the link by my name below.  

The NEW release from Memory Box and PoppyStamps dies arrived yesterday.  Here's just a sample:

You can see the new release items here in the Classy Cards shop.

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...


Pin It

1 comment:

Karen W said...

Gorgeous card!! I love those little bird cages, they are perfect for the cards!