Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thanksgiving Pumpkins

Hi y'all!  It's Holly posting today.  Can you believe Thanksgiving is almost here??  Wasn't it just summertime last week??  Time just flew by, didn't it?  :-)  I have a quick and classy Thanksgiving card to share with you today.  


I started by stamping the Gingham Cover-a-Card stamp onto some mustard cardstock and I used the Curled Corner technique from Technique Junkies on the upper left corner.  I adhered this mustard layer onto a dark brown card base.  The same dark brown cardstock was used to die cut the Happy and Thanksgiving dies from Cheery Lynn Designs and then I adhered them onto the mustard layer.  I used some orange and green cardstock to cut the pumpkins and leaves from the Pumpkins die set (also from Cheery Lynn Designs).  To give the pumpkins some depth, I sponged a darker orange ink onto the edges and I used a marker to color the stems.  I then affixed the pumpkins to the mustard layer with some Joy foam pads (small) and adhered the leaves and tendrils in a random fashion around the pumpkins.  It's really fast and easy to adhere these die cuts with the Quickie Glue Pen - it's the perfect size for these fonts and the delicate tendrils.   
Such a cute card, Holly!   The Mega Mount works great for stamping large images.  Click the Mega Mount link and scroll to the bottom of the page for a video demonstrating how to use it.

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...


Pin It

No comments: