Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pink Flower Flap Fold card



Hey folks, it's Holly posting today.  This is the card I created for the Die Cuts challenge here on the Classy Cards 'n Such blog.  Can you tell which die cuts I've used?  :-)

The flower was created with the Build A Flower #1 set, which has everything you need to make a complete flower.  It comes with the leaf, the flower petals, and the stamens and other center flower pieces that you can mix and match to make your own custom flowers.  I die cut everything from a confetti cream cardstock, and then I pulled out my Twinkling H2O's (Think Pink set) and started coloring the flower petals and the leaves.  I actually used all five of the H2O colors to achieve a nice variegated look.  Once the paint dried, I sponged some brown ink over everything to give it a vintage appearance.  You can see the gorgeous shimmer on the petals and leaves from the Twinkling H2O's.  To give the petals and leaves some dimension, I used my fingers to curl up all the edges.  I pushed the spiky center pieces up for even more texture.


My flower is adhered to a Flap Fold card (tutorial from Technique Junkies) and I stamped the sentiment from Birthday Sentiments (JustRite) to the right of the flower.  When you open the first flap, you see this latticed panel.  I die cut a French Lattice Small Frame and adhered the lattice to some paper from the Pretty In Pink paper pad (Glitz), and then I trimmed off the edges.  Isn't that cool?  You don't have to use the entire piece of a die cut - just use your imagination and free yourself from limitations.  :-)








Have you pulled out your dies and created something?  We'd love to see what you've come up with - enter it in our challenge and you might be the next winner!



Such a great card, Holly!   Thanks!!!

All of the challenge details are here.   Please be sure to read the guidelines on this page and enter away!!

Follow the gold links above for more info on each product!

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...



Pin It

No comments: