Friday, June 8, 2012

Linda's Aqua, Orange and Yellow Challenge Card


Hello, everyone!  It's Linda here again with a card for the Classy Cards 'n Such Challenge #9.  This week we were challenged to use color, specifically aqua, orange and yellow on our cards.  Now this really was quite a challenge for me since I'm really not a primary color kind of gal.  I prefer the pastels, so I chose to use the softer tones of these three colors.  The aqua, coral and yellow papers were all papers I had in my collection.  I used the aqua as my first layer and then layered the coral on top of that and placed it in a kind of whimsical position on the card.  I thought this placement went nicely with the JustRite Topsy Turvy Cakes stamp I chose to use.  These layers were adhered with Scor-Tape.

I stamped the Just Rite Topsy Turvy Cakes stamp along with the sentiment stamp from the set onto Cryogen White Paper.  I love this stamp set and the fact that you can put both the cake stamp and the sentiment stamp on your acrylic block and stamp them at the same time.  This makes them so easy to use!  


I colored the cake with my colored pencils and added some Sparkle 'n Sprinkle Lemonade Glitter to the bows and flower centers.  I cut out the image using the Spellbinders Big Scalloped Ovals Small and layered it onto a yellow oval cut with the Spellbinders Lacey Ovals.

Since this card was a little whimsical, I decided it needed a balloon bouquet to finish it off.  I cut these using the smallest die from the Spellbinders Large Ovals and used Scor-Tape to layer them together.  These were placed on the card using foam dots.   I used Doodlebug Twine to add the tails and a bow made with the Bow Easy.  My final addition to the card was some Coral Pearls from Want2Scrap.



Won't you come and join us in our Classy Cards 'n Such Challenge #9?   We would love to see all of your beautiful creations and you might be the one chosen to win a great prize from Beverly at Classy Cards 'n Such!!  Just be sure you follow all the Challenge rules so that your card can be considered when a winner is chosen.



Cute card, Linda!!  Thanks!!


It's Friday, so that means new weekly deals are up!   Be sure you click here or on the Weekly Deals icon in the right side bar to see what's new and what's on sale.  There is also Stampavie news, so if you love these wonderful stamps, you will want to know what is going on with them and stock up!


Be sure to click on the gold links above to go directly to the item in the Classy Cards shop for more info and to purchase the item.




Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...







Pin It

No comments: