Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!!!

I want to show you the Mother's Day card that I made for my mom.  I couldn't post it earlier since my mother reads this blog and in addition to that, I didn't finish it until this morning!  J


And now for my card.  I started with a card base of Stardream Chiara Coral which is a delicate pink and scored it in the center.  The card is approximately 5" x 5 1/2" but I'm not one to measure if I don't have to.  Both mats are from my stash.


I cut the largest sized Floral Ovals from Cryogen White (love that sparkle!!) and sponged very lightly with Old Paper Distress Ink. The tulips are from the Iris & Tulip set just added to the shop this week.   A couple of tips:

  • The Floral Ovals are very frilly and detailed.   Place a piece of wax paper between your cardstock and the die cut to make removing the die cut MUCH, MUCH easier!  If you don't use wax paper (or similar), you run the risk of damaging your die cut.
  • Both the tulips and iris in this stamp set have a frame as part of the stamp.  I didn't want to use the frame for this card. I inked the stamp as usual with black ink and then I used a damp cloth and carefully removed the ink from the larger areas and used a cotton swab to remove it in the small areas.   Worked great!
I painted the tulips with two shades of pink Twinkling H2Os and the stems and leaves were painted with one shade of green.  I stamped, painted and cut out another image of the open tulip and adhered it with foam pads for some dimension.

I added Baby LeCreme pearls around the edge of the Floral Oval in four places for flower centers and on the lace corners.  I cut four corners from the Lace Corner Deco E set and adhered them with a Quickie Glue Pen.  I just love this corner with the little heart cutouts!  I also used the Quickie Glue Pen to add a touch of Lemonade glitter in the center of the open tulip.  I framed the card using the thinnest lines from the gold Lines sticker sheet.

I used the same papers and embellishments inside the card but on a smaller scale.  I added a sentiment from the Mother's Day Rubz.  







As always, click on the gold links above to be taken to the item in the shop.


If you have enjoyed the Mother's Day card, please feel free to share using the buttons below this post.

Happy Mother's Day to all!!!

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...


Pin It

1 comment:

Holly said...

Ohhhhhhh this is gorgeous!!!!!!! I love the floral oval die cut and those gorgeous lace corners! The tulip is beautifully colored!