Sunday, March 25, 2012

Katie


Hi again!  It's Holly posting today and this is the card I created for the embossing challenge on the Classy Cards 'n Such blog posted on March 23.  I have used quite a variety of products from the Classy Cards 'n Such store, and I am listing them here for you:

Katie stamp (Stampavie)
Wild Cherry cardstock layer from Layering Swatches #2
Festive Berries distress ink (from the Winter 2011 Seasonal distress ink package)
Classic Scalloped Oval Small die (for the sentiment)


I started by stamping Katie with black ink onto white cardstock.  I colored her skin, hair, boots, and the flower stems with Copic markers.  With a water brush, I picked up some Tumbled Glass distress ink and colored the little bird.  Barn Door distress ink was used to color the flowers, and Festive Berries was used to color the dress and the bow in Katie's hair.  I set this aside to dry while I stamped the sentiment and cut it out with the Classic Oval Small die.  I cut a Classic Scalloped Oval Small from black cardstock to layer behind the sentiment.

The Wild Cherry cardstock was embossed with the Daisies embossing folder, and I cut some black cardstock slightly larger than the Wild Cherry cardstock.  These were adhered together and then adhered to a white card base (5.5" x 4.25").  When the watercoloring was completely dry, I used a Petite Oval Large die to cut out the stamped image, and then I layered that with a scalloped oval cut from black cardstock.  Some white lace was adhered to the embossed Wild Cherry cardstock, then Katie and the sentiment were adhered over the lace.  

Don't be afraid to mix up your coloring mediums.  You can see I used both Copic markers and distress inks to color in this image.  It's fun to break out of your normal style and do something different.  :-)

Thanks, Holly!!!


This is another easy challenge!!  Show us your favorite card or other paper crafting project and be eligible to win a $10 Gift Certificate to the Classy Cards shop.   Details are here


Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...



Pin It

No comments: