Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Fuzzy Blossoms


Howdy folks!  It's Holly posting today, and I'm sharing this Fuzzy Blossoms card that I created.  I had a blast playing with a bunch of the Cheery Lynn Designs dies and these fun spring-like colors.  The following products from Classy Cards 'n Such have been used on this card:
Olive Branches (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Fanciful Flourish (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Medium Rose (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Miniature Rose (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Country Girl Border (Cheery Lynn Designs)
I stamped the sentiment with a darker blue ink directly onto a pale blue card base (5.5" x 4.25").  I added two strips of designer paper to the bottom half of the card.  I die cut the Country Girl border, wove some yellow tafetta ribbon in through the holes, and then adhered this to the strip of orange designer paper.  I also die cut the Fanciful Flourish, Olive Branches, and roses and adhered them to the upper part of the card.  I've used the Distressed Fuzz technique from Technique Junkies for the fuzzy centers of the flowers.

I've fallen in love with this Country Girl border die cut!  One little tip regarding ribbon - you want to use a rather narrow ribbon with this die cut.  This ribbon is 3/8" wide, and it's a perfect fit with the holes.  You could also use a 1/4" wide ribbon, but I wouldn't go any wider than 1/2".  Of course, you don't "have" to use any ribbon in this die cut, but it's a fun little embellishment to make your cards special.  :-)

Thanks, Holly!!

There's just a little over a day and a half to enter our current sketch challenge.   Join us, won't you???  Details are here.

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...


Pin It

1 comment:

Chrissy D said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!!! WOW, Holly. I love the colors on this.