Sunday, March 18, 2012

Chevron Stripes for a Birthday!!!


Hi!  It's Holly posting today, and I just had to play with my new Chevron Stripe background stamp that I just bought.  I think this is going to be a well-loved favorite!  The products from Classy Cards 'n Such that I used on this card are:
 
Dancing Doily Lace border (Cheery Lynn Designs die)
French Pastry Doily Die (Cheery Lynn Designs die)
 

 
I stamped the Chevron Stripes with vanilla ink directly onto my chocolate card base.  I didn't cover the entire card - just the bottom 2/3rds of the card.  The doily was cut from StarDream Fuse Azalea cardstock (a gorgeous shimmery pinky mauve color), and then I cut off the top third of that doily.  That was adhered to the upper part of my card.  The lace border is cut from kraft cardstock and adhered below the doily.  I cut a length of Chalk White seam binding, scrunched it up in my hands, misted it with a little water, and scrunched it up some more.  Then I tied the seam binding around the card between the doily and the lace border.  The sentiment was stamped with chocolate ink onto vanilla cardstock and cut out with a circle die.  I cut out a scallop circle from chocolate cardstock and adhered that behind the sentiment.  This is then adhered to the card directly over the seam binding.
 
You don't have to use the entire die cut when you cut something out.  I only used part of the French Pastry Doily die cut on this card, and I still have the other piece that I can use on another card later.  If you think a particular die will be too big, think about how you can use just half of it.  You can get even more mileage from your dies when you "think outside the box."


Great card, Holly!!!  Thanks so much!

Keep those challenge entries coming!!  Click here for all the details if you haven't seen them yet.  The deadline is 7AM Thursday morning, so there is still plenty of time!

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...


Pin It

1 comment:

Chrissy D said...

This is so fun and Cute!