Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Sarah's Christmas Tree

Sarah is back with another of her lovely Christmas cards!

Hello everyone! It's Sarah again here with another Christmas card for you.  There are a few products I used in this card that I am especially excited to share with you. Seriously, they are some of my most favorite paper crafting things right now :-)




The first one is the Webster's Pages Waiting For Santa papers. These are soooo pretty and old fashioned looking. I absolutely love them! I based my whole card around one of these awesome papers. I started with a base layer of textured green card stock, followed by a thin bordering layer of red card stock. Then I adhered my beautiful patterned paper over the two of them. On top of that I had so much fun just adding lots of pretty bling and embellishments.

The first was a frame made using a different pattern from the same Waiting For Santa paper pack. The die I used is another fabulous new favorite of mine: the Polynesian Sails Oval die from Cheery Lynn Designs. Oh my - this is such an intricately detailed and gorgeous die! It cut perfectly the first time and all the tiny little pieces easily fell out - no need for a lot of picking or poking as I had expected. I cannot tell you how happy I am that I bought this. It's just so very pretty and fun to use. (Note: It also cuts out another beautiful doily looking shape from within the oval - like a bonus die cut every time!)

I stamped a sentiment from Stampin' Up! inside the oval - directly onto the paper in dark brown ink. Then I added a little silver floral finding I found in my stash. Up in the top left corner I put some Prima flowers and added a few tiny gold pearls in the centers of them. Although they were already glittery, I added a sprinkle more glitter to them for extra sparkle. The leaves are a hard material to adhere, so I pulled out my wonderful Scor-Tape and was able to stick them down without any problem whatsoever. This adhesive is awesome! 

I placed more tiny pearls on the Christmas tree and added a Prima glittered star over the top. Again, Scor-Tape came to my rescue, and held that star down securely. I made a bow out of seam binding which I dyed myself, and used the Bow Easy tool to triple- bow it. That was adhered (with Scor-Tape, of course!) in the lower left corner. I love how it turned out! And to finish it off, I put some lovely red Want to Scrap self adhesive pearls in the corners. And that's it! A pretty quick and easy Christmas card!

I hope you have enjoyed my card today. I'll be back soon with another one!

Blessings To You,

Sarah
Thanks, Sarah!

Classy Cards 'n Such has some great deals this week!   You can see them all here.  There is still time to get some Christmas shopping in!

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...

Pin It

No comments: